Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Reflection

     

     Photo Credit: Christine Bennett via Canva

     All great things must come to an end, and sadly so must this class. This education course was such a great experience! I learned so much that I know will be very useful and necessary in my classroom. When I think back to the beginning of the semester, I had no idea how valuable this class would be. I knew that this course would teach me how to use technology efficiently which would then aid me in the future when I begin teaching. However, I learned so much more than that!

Photo Credit: Jessica Keyes

     During this semester, I learned how to use technology to enhance my learning and my future classroom. Additionally, I learned how to critique websites, embed websites, pictures, and videos. Additionally, the online collaboration during the Wikipage and lesson plan assignments helped me learn how to communicate effectively through technology and the internet as a medium. Also, throughout the course, the blog and discussion assignments allowed me to communicate my ideas and understanding of the textbook, Transforming Learning with New Technologies, with my classmates and gain their understanding and perspectives. Further, in one discussion specifically, we discussed the ethical and legal issues which are imperative in this diverse society. Last, I learned how to think critically in every assignment. I used critical thinking when composing the blogs, discussions, selecting corresponding technology to enhance the tasks, and creating the lesson plans.

Photo Credit: Jessica Keyes

     My favorite part of this course was learning about all the different digital tools and how to effectively use them. More specifically, I truly enjoyed creating the WebQuest and the Teacher Webpage. The course modules are very detailed. I appreciated how there were examples to every assignment and a detailed rubric outlining specific guidelines. The course was so organized that it made learning and staying on track a breeze. If I could offer one bit of constructive criticism to the course, it would be the collaborative projects. I understand the value and need for collaborative projects. However, I may not have put them so close together. I may have scheduled the Wiki project towards the beginning of the semester and the lesson plan towards the end of the semester. However, this is just a personal preference. Group projects tend to be stressful, so I feel that I needed some more time to de-stress from the first group project.

     All in all, this course is fantastic. I give credit to the organization, structure, textbook, content, and the professor. This class was easy to follow along with from beginning to end. I learned such valuable material to enhance and improve education with technology, as well as improved my use of digital tools and technology, communication, critical thinking, and insight on ethical and legal issues. This course was one of my favorite college classes. Until we meet again!

Resources

     Bennett, C. (2016,  May 3). Bon Voyage - Tumbler Banner by Futureleaderstoday. Retrieved May 03, 2016, from https://www.canva.com

     Keyes, J. (2011, May 19). New Technology in the Classroom:  SMART Boards. Retrieved May 03, 2016, from https://www.slideshare.net/jessicakeyes/new-technology-in-the-classroom-smart-boards

     Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013) Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment